Tag, You’re it!
Whoops, I didn’t notice I was tagged in this until now! Thanks for tagging me, omgniccistevens!
Rule 1) Always post the rules
Rule 2) Answer the questions asked by the person who tagged you. Write 11 of your own questions.
Rule 3) Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4) Actually tell the 11 people they were tagged.
1. What was it that interested you in dolls, that got you into the hobby?
I don’t think anyone/anything in particular got me into the hobby. I believe I was simply browsing through Google and came across the Luts website. A few years later, Luts is still my favorite company.
2. How do you purchase dolls and/or accessories? (Ebay, Etsy, DoA, other site, manufacturer, etc)
I sometimes purchase clothes through Etsy, but otherwise I just get them through doll sites. Crobidoll and For My Doll are my “go-to” places for wigs, while I like to buy from Luts for clothes.
3. Do you have more female or male dolls? Why?
When I get my boy doll very soon, I will have an even amount of boys and girls. I think both genders are a lot of fun (although I think I enjoy boys a tad more)!
4. If you have “2D” and “3D” dolls .. do you have a preference for either?
Hm…I’m assuming by “2D” you mean like highly stylized dolls like Dollfie Dream? I like “3D” dolls better, as I see myself admiring realistic dolls a lot more. Although my current collection is far from realistic.
5. Do you have dolls other than ball jointed dolls such as Barbie, Brats, Mosters High, Cloth?
Not at the moment, but I plan to! I really want to start collecting Ddung dolls and maybe Pullips. Fashion dolls aren’t really my thing, but I still enjoy seeing other people’s collections.
6. Have you made new friends within the hobby?
Not really, but I have run into lots of nice people! Hopefully I’ll make some friends once I start attending meet-ups next year.
7. Do your “other” friends/family/spouse/partner/children/pets have strong feelings about your dolls or your hobby?
Not really. At first, I think my parents (understandably) weren’t happy with the idea of super expensive dolls, but they’ve grown used to them.
8. (Creepy question time) Do your dolls sometimes seem alive? (Have you taken your meds? HAHA Just kidding, I have)
I haven’t had a experience like that before, but I have heard lots of funny stories of dolls mysteriously ending up in different positions!
9. Do you take any of your dolls on overnight trips either to visit family, on vacation, camping, etc? If so where?
Not yet! But that does sound really fun, actually. Maybe if my family visits Puerto Rico again, I will bring one of my dolls along.
10. Do any of your dolls have fixed eye colors or sets of eyes and/or hair color or wigs?
They will all have fixed eye colors and hair (eventually). It took me a while to find what color wig looked nice on Mona, but I think I’ve found that blonde hair and brown eyes works the best on her.
11. If I take my doll with me in the car can I ride in the carpool lane? :P
We don’t have carpool lanes over here, but that would certainly be funny to see!
Alright, time for my questions. Let’s see if I can actually think of any decent ones, considering it’s really late at night…
1. What is your biggest regret in the hobby?
2. What is the weirdest doll photo you have ever taken? (If you could post it, that would be even better)
3. Does the BJD hobby interfere with any of your other hobbies?
4. What convinced you to purchase your first doll?
5. Would you ever consider putting together a doll based on a pre-existing character (that is not your own)? Why or why not?
6. Would you put your dolls in dangerous situations for the sake of interesting photos? (For instance, taking photos of your doll on a balcony, etc.)
7. At what number do you believe a doll collection becomes “too big”?
8. Do you wear socks around the house, or do you prefer to go bare-foot?
9. Your most-watched movie?
10. Did you believe in Santa as a child? If so, how did you figure out the “terrible” truth?
11. “What have I got in my pocket?”
I don’t really know who to tag, so I’m just going to tag some of my mutual follows.
Please don’t feel obligated to do this though, I totally understand if you don’t feel like it (or if you may have been tagged already).
I have by some miracle reached over 250 followers, so this calls for a giveaway. Thank you so much, and I’m really honoured so many people like my blog, so I want to do something for you.
There will be five winners, and the prices will be:
A Withdoll Nana in normal skin, included high-heeled feet and an extra pair of hands. The doll will come with a home-made brown wig, a pair of glass or urethane eyes (you can choose the colour, type will be decided by the colour you choose) and a full outfit. This will consist of a sweater and a pair of salwar. Maybe some shoes if I can dig up some in a matching style. The doll will come blank, but included will be a “gift” card of up to $100 to be used on a face-up artist of your choosing. You get the slot, I’ll pay :)
Four grab-bags. I will mostly only have MSD and Yo-SD sized ones (the sculpts I can make grab bags for are listed under the break at the end of this post), but I will also have two regular-size 70cm boy grab bags available. I tried making for sizes I didn’t have last time, and it got busy so I haven’t even finished them yet (sorry. I hope I can get them out soon, to the two of you who won the,), so I will only do them from clothing I have available this time, some made by me and some purchased stuff I don’t use.
About the prices:
You can only win one prize, but if you won in my last giveaway, you can still win in this one, should you be lucky enough that I draw your name.
If you don’t want the doll, please don’t enter for it. I do not wish for anyone to win it just so they can sell it. If you want it so you can give it as a gift to someone, that is fine (but please let me know), and if you find out after owning it for a while that it just isn’t the doll for you, and decide to sell it, that is fine too (though I’d appreciate if you’d let me know then too). I just want it to go to someone who actually wants it. Pictures of the doll will be up hopefully over the weekend, but she looks just like Withdolls promo-shots.
If you end up selling the stuff from the grab bags, that is fine, as you don’t really know what you get.
- This is a giveaway to thank my followers, so you do have to follow me to win. As I’m probably going to get a influx of followers following just for this, people who followed me before I posted this will get double the entries. Meaning, one like counts as two likes, one reblog as two reblogs. I have written down my current followers to enforce this.
- When you reblog, please include in your reblog (not in the tags) which prizes you’d want to win, in the order you want them. Whether or not you want the doll, and which sizes grab-bags would work for you. That will help me if I draw your name twice, and to give you the right size grab bag if that’s what you win. If you do not add this, I won’t count your reblog. For likes I’m going to assume you want the same that is written in your reblog, or if you don’t reblog, that all prizes are okay with you.
- Both likes and reblogs count as entries.
- You can reblog once a day. Please add the comment with which prizes you want on each reblog.
- No giveaway blogs
- Under normal circumstances, no side-blogs please. If your main blog is used for your professional work, you may use your personal side-blog instead of that. If you have an all-dolls side-blog, you may also choose to reblog this on that one instead of your main blog. The main point is that everyone should reblog on only one of their blogs.
- I ship from Norway. The doll will be shipped anywhere in the world with shipping with tracking. The grab bags will be shipped anywhere in the world by regular airmail. If you want tracking you’ll need to pay for it yourself (and it’s rather expensive)
- You need to be 18 years or older or have your parents consent to give out your address.
- You need to have your ask box open so I can contact you. If your ask box is closed, you forfeit your price and I will draw a new winner.
- Giveaway ends on September 7th, 8pm UTC.
- Prices will be shipped within a week of me receiving your address.
Congratulations on 250 followers! A Kid Delf (boy) grab bag would be my first choice and then a Volks MSD (girl) grab bag. :D
Little girl being pepper sprayed in #ferguson #stopdontshoot #justiceformikebrown
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WHAT THE FUCK
Is this for real!?
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT FOR REAL
WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!?
This photo especially sickens me too; I mean look at her she is obviously little girl, in pink, with fucking pigtails in her hair! Plus she is still holding her mothers hand! How the fuck was she any threat to a police officer? Like seriously? She really can’t be that old at all.
Like what the fuck is wrong with someone would could even do that to a little girl! He is a sick fuck.
The OP already knows this (someone pointed out their mistake recently), but this photo is actually from Brazil. Although, it is still equally terrible. It’s sickening when people abuse their power, and to harm a innocent child is just terrible beyond words.
The emotion in this photoset is astounding.